Stay@Brunswick Heads offers a furnished, quality three bedroom holiday accommodation villa in Brunswick Heads. Clean, quiet, comfortable and great location are the most popular comments our guests use to describe their experience with with us. View our 250+ guest reviews here.
Our villa boasts modern furnishings and appliances. It is conveniently located just a short walk to the beach, cafés, restaurants and only 200 metres from the boat harbour/marina/Fishermans Co-op. We provide quality, yet affordable Brunswick Heads holiday accommodation suitable for couples or families.
We are independently rated 4.5 Diamonds for quality (by AADRS)
CLICK HERE to check our rates and availability.
Click on an arrow on the above image move in that direction
Drag your mouse pointer across the image to move around the property
We provide all you need for your special getaway to Brunswick Heads including:
- All linen, towels & beach towels are supplied
- Fresh and bright interior with all new furniture, bedding and appliances
- Sleeps max 5 - 2 x Queen beds and 1 x King Single bed **
- Fully equipped kitchen with all new appliances & ceramic cooktop
- Washing Machine and Dryer
- Free WIFI
- Organic Sanctum products supplied in bathroom.
- 46" Full HD LED TV
- Blu-Ray player
- iPhone/iPod dock/charger (30 pin)
- Environmentally responsible Solar PV System fitted
- Books and games
- Lock-up Garage
- Safe and quiet location for children
- Porta-cot (with linen) and High Chair available for hire.
** (Use of 2 x Queen beds and 1 x King Single bed included in tariff. 2nd single bed available @ $25 per night - max 5 persons.)
Located in Newberry Parade, we are:
- 2 minutes walk to the Marina/Boat Harbour and the Fisherman's Co-op buy all your fresh seafood, to go fishing or to catch a scenic river cruise.
- 2 minutes walk to the Brunswick River
- 5 minutes walk to the heart of Brunswick Heads with its array of cafés, restaurants, funky shops and the famous Brunz Pub.
- 8 minutes walk to the Beach.
About Brunswick Heads
Brunswick Heads is a small unspoilt coastal village on the NSW north coast, situated at the mouth of the Brunswick River. The town is 15 minutes north of Byron Bay and 30 minutes from the Gold Coast. It is only 30 minutes by car from both Coolangatta and Ballina airports. Xcede Airport Transfers of Byron Bay provides airport shuttle services from both airports to your door.
Despite the surrounding coastal development, Brunswick Heads has retained its traditional seaside village atmosphere. Timber bridges link the riverside to a safe, quiet beach at the mouth of the Brunswick River and to the surf beach that spans the coastline all the way to Byron Bay.
The small community of Brunswick Heads has ensured that there is a quality mix of cafes, restaurants, speciality shops, accommodation. A variety of activities cater for families, couples and the most discerning visitors. Enjoy our simple pleasures, be pampered or enjoy our memorable and magic community festivals and events.
Brunswick Heads Indigenous Heritage
People from many indigenous tribes of the Bunjalung nation are said to have an association with the area now known as Brunswick Heads. The Brunswick River Valley was the territory of the Du-rung-bil people. The Bumberin tribe is said to have inhabited the area around Byron Bay, recognised now as Arakwal territory.
Brunswick Heads was considered a place of significance for the Aboriginal people. A meeting place for ceremonial and trade purposes. There was a steady source of food such asdugum (pipis), julum (fish) and other resources. Leaves from the foambark trees were also used to release poison, which caused the fish to float on the surface, allowing them to be readily taken.
Because of the regular tribal gatherings, middens are common, although sandmining from 1930 onwards destroyed many of these. Middens are sites containing various types of seafood shells, the contents of which had been eaten by local people. These sites are protected under federal legislation.
Captain Rous named the Brunswick River after Queen Caroline of Brunswick in 1828. The first Europeans to set up a permanent camp at Brunswick Heads were cedar getters Steve King and John and Edward Boyd in 1849. The cedar logs were rafted to Brunswick Heads, and the bullocks hauled the logs into the surf where they were then winched on board sailing ships. During the early cedar cutting days, the Aborigines were numerous and not the dangerous characters that some writers reported.
Shipping and boat building
The only access to the outside world was by boat. Many ships bringing essential supplies were wrecked crossing the treacherous bar, including the "SS Brunswick" in 1883, the "Agnes" in 1889 and the "Endeavour" in 1892. The local Aboriginal people helped rescue the shipwrecked sailors.
The boat building industry developed because of the ready availability of a variety of rainforest timbers up river, and finished when the timber ran out.
The Brunswick River has three arms. The main arm rises in the hills above Mullumbimby. The North Arm is named Marshall's Creek, after Bob Marshall, cedar cutter and owner of the first Brunswick Hotel, opened in 1884. The South Arm is named Simpson's Creek after Captain Simpson and for a period around 1865 the town was called Simpson town.